Fragile, bulky, and heavy – they can weigh anywhere from 300 to 1400 pounds on average – pianos are no joke when it comes to relocation. Whether you have a vintage upright passed down from generation to generation or a grand piano used for public performances, we know how important it is to ensure safe, damage-free delivery of your most cherished instrument. Cheap Movers DC works with the best piano moving specialists in the Washington DC area (including Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, and Rockland). Our movers can help put your mind at ease and ready to make some beautiful music again in no time!
Washington DC Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of piano movers in Washington, DC, is between $300 and $600. Several factors influence the final cost of hiring professional movers to transport your instrument, including:
- Type of Piano: Since uprights and spinets are much smaller in size & weight, they are cheaper to move than grand pianos. An upright typically weighs about 300 lbs. A grand piano can weigh from 500 to 1400 lbs. It also requires more space compared to an upright.
- Age of the Piano: Have an older piano? Antique pianos need even greater attention. Along with the need for special crating, this can increase the cost. But with the special care of our dedicated moving partners, it’s definitely worth the peace of mind.
- Stairs:If you live in a multi-level house or complex, there will be an additional fee for navigating staircases. Please reach out to us about pricing, availability, and any other questions.
- Required Services: If your piano requires disassembly, special storage, or another custom service, our movers are ready to assist. Of course, these added services will boost the overall cost.
- The Distance of Move: Moving across the state or the country? While local movers tend to charge by the hour, long-distance movers charge by weight and distance. Long hauls are typically more expensive than a local relocation.
Piano Moving Services In DC
Moving a piano is not for the faint of heart. The sheer size alone requires a lot of muscle power and careful preparation. Also, these instruments tend to be both delicate and valuable. Comprised of thousands of parts, from the strings to the hammers and dampers, it takes a perfect blend of strength and finesse to ensure a harm-free relocation. If you want the job done right, you should call in the professionals.
In some cases, a piano may require disassembly. This step is particularly true for grand pianos. And with up to 12,000 individual parts, it’s a highly complex process. Fortunately, our seasoned professionals make easy work of it. Sit back and relax while your prized instrument is carefully disassembled, wrapped, transported, and then reassembled at its new home.
Special Piano Moving Equipment
Pianos are incredibly heavy. As previously mentioned, an upright typically weighs about 300 lbs. Grand pianos can tip the scales at 1,400 lbs. Needless to say, it requires the right equipment and know-how to transport an instrument of this size successfully. Cheap Movers DC piano moving companies have the right tools (including specialized piano dollies) and knowledge for every job.
Are you traveling around the globe? Between homes? Whatever the reason, you might need to store your piano. Your instrument is a highly complex, delicate item that requires the right humidity and temperature settings. Cheap Movers DC offers access to clean, secure, and climate-controlled storage facilities. Along with exceptional protection, you get the added benefit of a streamlined moving process and cost savings by keeping all your moving needs under the umbrella of one company.
Local Piano Moving
Yes, moving locally can seem like a more straightforward process. But in reality, it can be just as tricky as a cross-country relocation. Relocating a piano to an upper floor, for instance, requires the right set of logistics and an arduous moving process. Our moving partners make it look easy! Whether you need to transport your piano to a new venue or have it hauled up to the top floor of your building, we can help you find the pros to do it safely & securely within a matter of hours.
Long Distance Piano Moving
When it comes to long-distance piano moving, you must find a company you can trust. This process requires two main components for success: safe & secure transportation and a successful move-in process. That’s why Cheap Movers DC is your go-to for the long haul. Our dependable partners have everything covered, from custom packing to damage-free transport, so you can focus on starting on the right foot in your new county or state.
Pianos are complex, fragile instruments. Don’t risk it with the wrong movers. If your piano requires reassembly, we make it super easy to hire DC piano movers that get the job done right the first time. From reattaching pedals and legs to placing your piano in the perfect location, you’ll soon have a smile on your face while playing your favorite compositions.