Moving your business to a new office isn’t always easy. You’ll have to disassemble and reassemble furniture, pack boxes, handle information technology (IT) equipment and perform countless other tasks. You can minimize downtime and get your business back up and running, however, by planning ahead. As one of the top moving companies in Washington DC, we […]
Washington DC Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of piano movers in Washington, DC, is between $300 and $600. Several factors influence the final cost of hiring professional movers to transport your instrument, including:
- Type of Piano: Since uprights and spinets are much smaller in size & weight, they are cheaper to move than grand pianos. An upright typically weighs about 300 lbs. A grand piano can weigh from 500 to 1400 lbs. It also requires more space compared to an upright.
- Age of the Piano: Have an older piano? Antique pianos need even greater attention. Along with the need for special crating, this can increase the cost. But with the special care of our dedicated moving partners, it’s definitely worth the peace of mind.
- Stairs: If you live in a multi-level house or complex, there will be an additional fee for navigating staircases. Please reach out to us about pricing, availability, and any other questions.
- Required Services: If your piano requires disassembly, special storage, or another custom service, our movers are ready to assist. Of course, these added services will boost the overall cost.
- The Distance of Move: Moving across the state or the country? While local movers tend to charge by the hour, long-distance movers charge by weight and distance. Long hauls are typically more expensive than a local relocation.